Knowledge Mobilization at Wilfrid Laurier University
Wilfrid Laurier University has campuses in Waterloo and Brantford, Ontario, as well as locations in Kitchener, Toronto and Chongqing, China. The Waterloo campus is home to a central knowledge mobilization unit with multiple groups engaged in knowledge mobilization and social innovation activities across the spectrum of community engagement and dispersed across all locations.
The goal of the knowledge mobilization unit is to maximize impact of Laurier research through:
- Increasing community engagement in research
- Facilitating knowledge-based collaboration
- Increasing awareness of Laurier research
The knowledge mobilization unit provides services including:
- Critical review of knowledge mobilization plans for all grant applications and assistance with knowledge mobilization grants
- Participation in a Clear Language Summaries program for peer-reviewed publications
- Brokering relationships with community and across faculties for research collaboration
- Planning and implementing dissemination and research communication, both for faculty and overall Laurier research stories
- Supporting decision-makers to become actively engaged in the research cycle
- Webpage and social media presence advising (blogs, Twitter, Facebook, online registration, etc.)
- Workshops on clear language summaries, digital identity, knowledge mobilization, etc.
Visit www.wlu.ca/research/kmb to find out more about the knowledge mobilization services and workshops offered at Laurier.
Follow us on Twitter: @LaurierResearch
LinkedIn group: Laurier Research Services